Aprovecho estas líneas para haceros llegar una presentación multimedia sobre el proyecto final de Recursos Educativos Abiertos para el Aprendizaje Integrado de Contenidos. Ha sido un curso interesante que queda resumido en esta presentación de manera amena e interactiva:
See you on the Net! ;D
This is the final step in our path in CLIL course that I have been developing these three last months. In this document, I could put into practice different theories and applications studied throughout the formation.
This work proposal is called “Our nearest World” aimed to 1st grade of Primary Education withing a Science workshop at school. It will take 5 sessions of 55 minutes. The main aim developing this proposal is to make closer different agents that surround our children´s backgroung while using L2 in : living and Non-living things.
Some of the objectives I would like to achieve would be:
- To introduce the topic of the Unit (Plants) and get to know what they already know.
- To make learners aware of the difference between Living and Non-living things.
- To classify familiar things into Living things or Non-living things.
- To understand that Plants are Living things.
- To get to know the different parts of a plant.
- To identify, recognize and name the parts of a plant.
- To compare the parts of different plants.
- To draw a picture of a plant naming the different parts of it.
- To experiment with the different parts of plants.
I have considered different activities to guide our students to help discovering different features of living and Non-living things trying to motivate them. For instance, one activity propose becoming researchers. Here, I present a plant and help them discover different features and parts. Implementing this activity I will activate their previous knowledge. Furthermore, I will strength the contents presented carrying out different worksheets.
In addition, a tour around the school will be done to establish a friendly contact with our environment. Then, when we come to class, learners will clasify Living and Non-living things they have seen.
To sum up, I try to teach English through contents providing structures and vocabulary to make learners express themselves until they could put in practice what they have learned. I hope this could be useful for you teachers and parents!