This is the final step in our path in CLIL course that I have been developing these three last months. In this document, I could put into practice different theories and applications studied throughout the formation.
This work proposal is called “Our nearest World” aimed to 1st grade of Primary Education withing a Science workshop at school. It will take 5 sessions of 55 minutes. The main aim developing this proposal is to make closer different agents that surround our children´s backgroung while using L2 in : living and Non-living things.
Some of the objectives I would like to achieve would be:
- To introduce the topic of the Unit (Plants) and get to know what they already know.
- To make learners aware of the difference between Living and Non-living things.
- To classify familiar things into Living things or Non-living things.
- To understand that Plants are Living things.
- To get to know the different parts of a plant.
- To identify, recognize and name the parts of a plant.
- To compare the parts of different plants.
- To draw a picture of a plant naming the different parts of it.
- To experiment with the different parts of plants.
I have considered different activities to guide our students to help discovering different features of living and Non-living things trying to motivate them. For instance, one activity propose becoming researchers. Here, I present a plant and help them discover different features and parts. Implementing this activity I will activate their previous knowledge. Furthermore, I will strength the contents presented carrying out different worksheets.
In addition, a tour around the school will be done to establish a friendly contact with our environment. Then, when we come to class, learners will clasify Living and Non-living things they have seen.
To sum up, I try to teach English through contents providing structures and vocabulary to make learners express themselves until they could put in practice what they have learned. I hope this could be useful for you teachers and parents!